Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2015

AWP 2015

I won't be at AWP 2015 but some of my work will.

1) Find my book at the Mayapple Press table in the Exhibition Hall at Booth 1237 (right in front of the AWP Stage). Also, consider attending the Mayapple Press & One Wet Shoe Reading as follows (I won't be there):

What: Mayapple Press and One Wet Shoe Reading
Where: 609 S 10th Street Minneapolis, MN 55404 (Map)
When: Saturday April 11, 2015
Time: 7pm to 9pm
Participating Mayapple Press authors:
Betsy Johnson-Miller, author of Fierce This Falling
Devon Moore, author of Apology of a Girl Who Is Told She Is Going to Hell
Helen Ruggieri, co-editor of Written On Water: Writings About the Allegheny River and author of Glimmer Girls

2) "Crows, Reckoning," a poem from my new Mayapple Press book Mendeleev's Mandala, was subsequently made into a Motionpoem. There'll be a sneak preview at the VIDA Awards (and I won't be there either!).

Awards presented include:
• Cheryl Strayed WINNER of the 2015 VIDA Vanguard Award!
• VIDA's Kickass Press Award
• The VIDO Award
• Fiction Awards
• Poetry Awards
• Non-fiction Awards

BONUS:
The Exclusive Film Premiere of the
2015 MOTIONPOEMS SEASON

Thursday, April 9th
AWP Minneapolis
Doors @ 7:30
Awards Program @ 9:00
Dance Party @ 11:00

Skyway Theater | Minneapolis, MN
711 Hennepin Avenue

Please note: Advance tickets sold do not guarantee admission. Admission is granted on a first come, first served basis, determined by the event venue's maximum capacity. Don't be discouraged! Attendees will come and go -- if you can't get in early, come back later for the dance party! If you cannot attend, please consider making a donation to VIDA to help advance our mission of gender parity in contemporary literature.

I wish I could be at these places, but I can't. If you go, enjoy, and let me know!

No comments: